Deedee has a rather large collection of content and ecommerce resources, so we had to be very strategic in how we built out the homepage, ensuring it included everything she had to offer, but also making it easy to digest for visitors. Lots of white space, accents of her brand colors, bold buttons, and beautiful photos were used in blocked sections.
The homepage features:
- A simple header and navigation area, with limited choices, appears at the top. Again, the goal was to make it easy for the visitor to make a choice between her most important site pages.
- The welcome area with a customizable slider is next. Deedee can go in and easily add or swap out slides and link them to pages, resources, posts, and more.
- Deedee does a lot of email marketing, so we put her free resource opt in and connected to her email automation. A visitor signs up and they’re automatically sent the resource.
- Next is a blog post feed with category buttons. Each will link to a filterable blog roll page. She has a ton of content, so simplifying categories and making it easy to navigate was key.
- Her webinar sign up section is next. Simple call to action that takes visitors to a collection of her current webinar offerings..
- After that, we built an elaborate shop area that has category icons AND allows custom feature tabs containing products that Deeded can easily swap out.
- A short about section follows, with social media icons and short paragraph all about Deedee.
- Her podcast is growing more popular, so she wanted a place to showcase the latest episode and link visitors to all episodes. This section is pretty simple and straight forward.
- Finally, a simple footer with all the necessary options.
Overall, we wanted to keep the site design clean, simple, and showcase her amazing resources and knowledge. The rest of the site mimics her homepage with the clean structure, pops of color, and bright bold images. This project was a lot of fun to work on and Deedee was such a great client to work with.
Scroll on the preview below to View Deedee's Homepage
This ecommerce project was a rather large undertaking. Deedee had roughly 700 products and thousands upon thousands of existing customers. We created a single page shop that allows visitors to filter products directly on the page without navigating away. Some other ecommerce features include:
- Advanced Filtering
- Add to Cart Buttons
- Wishlist Integration
- Resource Sorting
- Shop-Specific Searching
- Custom Templates (Individual Products, Cart, Checkout, Account, etc.)
This site has a large amount of pages, so I can’t showcase them all here. Some of the other features we included were:
- Filterable Blog Roll Page
- Custom Podcast Episode Template
- Custom Podcast Player
- Frequently Asked Questions Accordion
- Custom Contact Form
- Custom Blog Post Template
- Advanced Custom Fields
- Custom Post Types
Blog Post Template
After I design a website, I hand it off to clients and teach them how to edit and manage their site, so things could possibly look a little different now. Just a heads up.